Our Company Cannons are at the forefront of everything we do; our values are what keep us grounded, motivated, and inspired to work hard for our team (more like work-family). By definition, marketers are trained to promote a brand or idea externally, but it is our mission at Cook & James to first make sure that our internal team not only feels appreciated, but that they can genuinely say they love where and who they work for.
Although it is nearly impossible to choose just one or two favorites, the top five canons below fuel any and all of our marketing efforts, and here’s why:
- Take the Bull by the Horns
- Some people wait for the perfect moment and the best conditions to make things happen. Here at Cook & James we create the ideal circumstances by stepping up and making it happen. Just come to one of our events, you will feel the difference!
- Hit the Nail on the Head
- If it's worth doing at all, it's worth doing well. Getting it right the first time is how we build and maintain our relationships with our clients. We pride ourselves on convenience and efficiency, and we make an effort to do things correctly so that we can show you just how much value we place on your time.
- There’s More Than One Way to Skin a Cat
- Whether it's a fun event, a social media caption, or a punny slogan, we are determined to figure out all of the different and creative ways that we can stand out from the rest.
- Mamma Didnt’ Rays Know Fool
- Confidence is Queen. Our team is full of diversely talented individuals that come together to produce amazing things and we work smarter together when we utilize our plentiful C&J resources.
- The Devil is in the Details
- Every little detail matters to us. Not only does our legal team spend hours reviewing each and every detail on a document, but our marketing team also works tirelessly to create unique, fun, and exciting content to share and events to enjoy.
We use Slack as our main internal communication platform which allows us to reach across different time zones, states, and departments. In recent months, the Cook & James Marketing team has focused heavily on bringing our team together, near and far, to add some light-hearted fun to our daily work conversations. How do we make it happen?
- Monthly Giveaways
- We spin the Wheel of Names to see who the lucky winner of will be our coveted C&J Swag.
- Fun Videos
- For any special event or holiday we create personalized Jib Jabs of our employees to share a laugh across our channel (in between closings of course).
- Whether it’s a Superbowl team, chocolate or vanilla cake, or March Madness, we host fun polls in our channel and ask our team to vote with a corresponding emoji as a way to increase engagement and truly get a sense for what our employees' interests are.
- Company Canon Nominations and Shoutouts
- On a monthly basis, we focus on one of our Company Canons to live by and we ask our team to nominate a peer that they feel is truly living out that canon. This gives us a chance to give special attention to our team members that we feel deserve to be acknowledged.
We truly care about each and every team member at Cook & James. No birthday, engagement, birth of a child, marriage, or baseball tournament trophy goes unnoticed and we celebrate together because we love each other’s personal victories just as much as our work wins.
We know that we have a pretty amazing team of people here at Cook & James, but we also love to remind our followers of that, too. Each month on our Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts we post an Employee Spotlight on one of our rock stars. Our team makes us who we are and we think they deserve to be bragged about.
We also have a quarterly Employee Spotlight Blog written and published in our newsletter to give our employees a little extra attention by having their name “in lights!”
To all our employees, we hope that you feel appreciated not only today, but always! Our Cook & James team is composed of so many amazing people, and there is no easier team to celebrate. Happy Employee Appreciation Day and cheers to making people feel loved in 2022.