Kara is one of the founders of Cook & James and brings a ton of real estate law smarts to the table. While she works hand-in-hand with her business partner Heather to build and manage client relationships, she also focuses on the financial side of the business, keeping the numbers straight and the lights on. But don’t let her egg-headedness fool you – she can throw a football and hit a golf ball farther than most men. (She double-dog dares you for a challenge.) Kara grew up surrounded by Carolina blue and will happily explain to you what a “tar heel” is.
- Graduated University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism and Spanish
- Graduated Georgia State University College of Law, Doctor of Law (J.D.)
- Member of the Moot Court team at Georgia State University
- Won the John J. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- Admitted to the State Bar of Georgia
- Member of the Real Property Section and Young Lawyer’s Division
- Founded Cook & James